Program Areas and Funding Guidelines
The Lisa Beth Gerstman Foundation partners with accredited summer day and sleep-away camps that share our vision for providing children with special needs with fully integrated summer camp experiences. The Foundation will provide funding and consulting services only to accredited camps and will decline grant requests from organizations that do not meet these criteria.
Geographic Areas for Funding
The Lisa Beth Gerstman Foundation funds programs in the United States only, with the majority of funding grants awarded to camps in New York City Metropolitan Area and the Northeast United States.
What We Do Not Fund
Please note that the Lisa Beth Gerstman Foundation does not fund the following types of grants. Grant proposals and letters of inquiry regarding these types of projects will be declined, so we ask that proposals of this type not be submitted to the Foundation.
- Requests from individuals, political, social, fraternal or arts organizations, and capital campaigns or construction projects.
- Requests from fund endowments, special events or international programs.
- We do not provide loans, start-up expenses or seed capital funding for private businesses or scholarships requested by individuals.
- We do not accept proposals submitted via audiotape or videotape.
- We do not accept proposals from institutions that discriminate on the basis of race, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability or sexual orientation in policy or in practice.
- Organizations engaged in sectarian religious activities, political lobbying or legislative activities.
- Organizations engaged in medical research or for-profit enterprises.
Our Application Process
To apply for a Lisa Beth Gerstman Foundation funding grant, please open the grant application with the link below, print the application, fill the application out completely, and either mail or fax the application to the Foundation. The address and fax number are listed below.
Please do not send annual reports, bound materials, publications, letters of support, invoices, photographs, videos, cassettes, compact discs, news clippings, books, magazines or newsletters.
Lisa Beth Gerstman Foundation
439 Oak Street, Suite 1
Garden City, NY 11530
Our Proposal Review Process
All funding grant applications will be screened by the Foundation to determine if they meet the funding guidelines, and then responses will be sent to the applicants. We may contact applicants at this phase to clarify application details.
If the application meets all Foundation guidelines, a more in-depth review of the request will be undertaken. This process may take several weeks and is dependent on the size and details of the request. The Foundation may ask the applicant to provide a more detailed proposal, or may ask for additional clarification of application details. Organizations chosen to receive funding grants will be asked to provide Internal Revenue Service classification documentation.
Applications that do not follow the above guidelines will not be considered.